The Bass TightRock Jr is the bass version of our popular TightRock series, and includes a side Dry Low MOD knob.
For years bassists have asked for a Dry Low knob option for the popular TightRock guitar pedals…..now this feature is available in bass friendly versions of the popular JR distortion pedal …..introducing the Amptweaker Bass TightRock Jr. These pedals share most of the tone-tweaking features available on the guitar counterparts, but with the popular Dry Low knob found on other Amptweaker Bass pedals ‘on the side’. This blend adds in clean lowend to the tone, helping to maintain the bottom without adding weird phase-shifty tones to the distorted highend.
Derived from our Pro series, the Tight control and Fat switches were re-configured into a 3-position Fat/Normal/Tight switch to dial in the attack of the notes from thick and heavy to aggressive and chunky. An EQ switch similarly provides Plexi/Normal/Smooth tone settings, which helps the pedals cover much of the range of both their Fat and Tight parents. In addition to Gain, Tone and Volume knobs, there’s also a manually-adjustable Noise Gate which can be cranked to stop notes hard and fast. And the great thing about a built-in noise gate is that it goes away when you turn the pedal off…..so your clean tone is unaffected! And the noise gate only affects the distorted tone, but no the Dry Low signal. The Tight switch and Tone control were tweaked on these bass versions to operate at lower frequencies, making them perfect for bass OR lower tuned guitars such as 7 or 8-strings. They also work great for guitar rigs that are very bright, and can provide a warmer tone compared to the guitar versions.
The pedals all include true bypass switching, 9-18VDC operation, and a thumbscrew- removable bottom plate with special holes to even accommodate tie-wrap or screw-in pedalboard attachment methods.
- Gain, Tone, Volume controls
- Dry Low knob on the side, blends back in clean lowend
- Fat/Normal/Tight switch to adjust the guitar’s attack.
- Noise Gate knob, from subtle gating to hard stops
- Plexi/Normal/Smooth EQ SW
- True Bypass switching
- Runs on 9V to 18V batteries or supplies–9V sounds heavier, more compressed, while 18V is more open and less distorted.
- Thumbscrew removable bottom with holes for tie-wrap or screw-in pedalboard attachment methods
- Current: 13mA with at 9V, 17mA at 18V
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- BATTERIES/SUPPLIES NOT INCLUDED
- Weight: 9 ounces, Dimensions: 2.7″W X 4.65″D X 2″H
- Made in the USA
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
Product Styling by Bob Hopkins. Mechanical Engineering support by Ken Chappell. Electrical & Mechanical Design and Tweaking by James Brown.……Conceptual Ideas by You.
swipe for other views