The SwirlPool Jr is a two-speed synchronized Tremolo/Vibe similar to circuits common in vintage 60’s amplifiers.
The new SwirlPool Jr Tremolo/Vibe pedal is a miniaturized version of Amptweaker’s popular SwirlPool. Reminiscent of the synchronized Tremolo and Vibrato circuits common in some vintage 60’s amplifiers, this fully analog pedal can duplicate many different types of modulation tones….as well as invent a few new ones. The sounds range from smooth tremolo tones to dramatically jerky pitch shifting vibes, but the greatest tones come from blending the two.
The footswitch provides true bypass, but also can be used to access a 2nd speed control, and the speed ramps from one to the other. This ramp timing is user-adjustable via an internal trimpot. If a Vibe knob is turned down, then the sound will be only tremolo, and can be tweaked from smooth to ‘Jerky’….but as the Vibe is added, the resulting combination can provide a subtle vocal quality or a dramatic pitch shift.
The mini switches help you really fine-tune the vibrato in the pedal…..the Tone switch can call up a more dramatic ‘swimmy’ phase-shifter type vibrato labelled Surf. The Sync switch, slides the phase between the Tremolo and Vibe LFOs which changes the vowel-like character of the blended and synchronized effects. By using these in various combinations (see the Suggested Settings Below), it’s easy to get many different tremolo, vibe, and rotary speaker tones made famous in the 60’s and 70’s which are still commonly used today. And there’s even a master volume control so you can easily balance or boost the volume compared to when bypassed.
As with all of our pedals, the SwirlPool Jr also features true bypass switching, and a thumbscrew- removable bottom plate with special holes to even accommodate tie-wrap or screw-in pedalboard attachment methods.
“the SwirlPool is the best sounding tremolo ever made” – Buck Dharma-Blue Öyster Cult
- Works great with guitar, bass or other instruments!
- Tremolo & Volume Controls
- Vibe & Dual Speed Controls
- True Bypass switch
- Press and Hold footswitch to access Speed 2
- Ramps between speeds for rotary speaker slow speed changes
- Internal Ramp adjustment from quick to slow ramping
- Internal input gain to maximize signal-to-noise ratio
- Sync switch slides LFOs between Tremolo/Vibe, from Synced to 90 degrees, to out of phase
- Surf Switch for deeper, phas-ey vibe tones
- Works with 9V battery or 9-18VDC supply-NOT INCLUDED (supply recommended, battery life limited)
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- BATTERIES/SUPPLY NOT INCLUDED
- Thumbscrew removable bottom with holes for tie-wrap or screw-in pedalboard attachment methods
- 43mA current consumption(batteries)
- 62mA current consumption(18V power supply)
- Weight: 9 ounces, Dimensions: 2.7″W X 4.65″D X 2″H
- Made in the USA
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
Product Styling by Bob Hopkins. Mechanical Engineering support by Ken Chappell. Electrical & Mechanical Design and Tweaking by James Brown.……Conceptual Ideas by You.
swipe for other views